Process water treatment conditions water for a manufacturing process which may be necessary even though the source is municipal. Drinking water treatment sterilizes, fluoridates, filters and controls odor and taste. Metering pumps are used throughout the water treatment process – from sterilization and fluoridation to coagulation and odor control. Pulsafeeder Engineered pumps offer a wide range of water treatment application solutions for almost any process and budget.
Our pumps can be installed as a single unit or within an integrated system. With our extensive product knowledge and expertise in integration, we can supply our customers with the most efficient pumping technology available.
Applications include (but are not limited to):
- Metering of sodium and calcium hypochlorites for disinfection
- Metering of alum or sodium aluminate as a coagulant aid
- Injection of filter aid slurries
- Acid and caustic injection for pH control
- Injection of potassium permanganate for manganese and iron removal
- Metering activated carbon slurries for taste and odor control
- Metering of lime slurries in softening and pH control
- Injection of fluoride compounds
- Ammonium sulphate or aqua ammonia in production of chloramines
- Metering of polymers for primary coagulation